Date: 25th October 2013
Tournament: California Games (Sega Master System) & Super Bomber Man 3 (SNES)
Californian Games Tournament Winner: Craig Turner
Super Bomber Man 3 Winner: Chris
This was the first ever Retro Video Game Night at the Centre for Computing History and it was surprising how word got out and we actually had a pretty decent turn out. We persuaded a local burger van to come along, put out a load of extra gaming consoles, distributed some flyers around Cambridge and everything actually went pretty well.
Ian and myself probably went a little bit over the top with the gaming competitions though and had two separate tournaments plus a series of high score competitions dotted around the museum. After that we came to the conclusion that one tournament was enough.
- From Left to right: Simon Hardy, Craig Turner, Chris Wilkins & Jason Fitzpatrick.
- Chris - Super Bomber Man 3 Tournament Winner
- Ian testing Super Bomber Man 3 before the event
- Retro Gaming in the 80s Classroom
- Console gaming in the main room
- The calm before the storm
- Ian ordering a well deserved burger